|Phone:||O: (203) 981-7272||(203) 981-7272||office|
- License #:
Satisfied clients are my best advertisements:
“With Martha Eidman, I have found my realtor for life. Martha brought great patience and tact to the situation, assuming the roles variously of cheerleader, coach and psychotherapist. I have bought and sold houses for nearly forty years. No realtor with whom I have worked can compare to Martha.” -SJ
“Over the past 3 years, I have bought and sold 3 Westport homes, all with the help of Martha Eidman. I would most definitely recommend Martha to anyone looking to buy or sell their house. If not for her experience, and hard work, I do not think I would have sold my home, especially in this current environment.” –SB
“I recently purchased a home for our disabled son with Martha’s capable and nurturing help. She proposed a variety of living situations, large and small, for our son. She helped us assess the viability of each scenario; many of which required renovation work involving a confusing maze of town building codes. Martha helped us with it all and provided a wide range of service from recommending architects and contractors to researching flood zone and FEMA codes. “ -DJ
My knowledge creates a $$ advantage for the clients I serve:
- Construction and Investment Knowledge. Clients routinely see $$ delivered to their bottom line, as I help them negotiate home inspection issues or price during the buying-selling process. That’s because my working knowledge goes beyond the average realtor, due to my own “deep dive” into real estate: I have renovated and sold 7 residences, 4 of which are in Westport. Effective design, subcontracting, and value realization for each property, has resulted in a substantial net profit from all – even with effects of the real estate recession. My current vintage home is a small compound in the National Historic Registry, which started as 3 dilapidated structures. I negotiated through Town departments to convert it from 2 to 3 legal residences – a rare circumstance. All 3 homes can now produce substantial rental income, so my perspective spans that of homeowner, landlord, contractor, and real estate investor, — and yields benefits to my clients.
- Land Knowledge. Clients love that I dig for details that create $$ value and leverage their properties. A few examples:- I have recommended wetland studies that expanded a property’s buildable boundary.
- I identified land nuances that ultimately removed several homes from the FEMA flood zone. My guidance virtually eliminated costly FEMA requirements for renovation and flood insurance on those homes.
- I identified a substantial tax credit and a separate, on-going annual real estate tax reduction for another homeowner, through donation of land.
- Network knowledge. My networking helps you cut through red tape and tailor your team of advisors, to confidently purchase or sell your property. My working knowledge of Town Hall staff across the various departments is deepened by the wide-ranging interactions for my personal properties. My long roster of service providers is deep since I have built some of my homes from scratch. My reputation for the highest ethics in deal-making, yields the respect and collaboration of my colleagues.
- Marketing Knowledge. My buying-selling strategies are fine-tuned with the latest marketing technology, that incorporates the explosive artificial intelligence surrounding today’s buyers and sellers. My strategic insights are grounded in my previous corporate career as vice president at one of New York City’s worldwide ad firms. There I managed national branding strategies for leading products in high profile consumer categories. Success there, and in real estate, boils down to knowing your prospect.
Personal Perspective I have resided in Texas, New York, California, Georgia, Illinois, and Connecticut. My husband Thad and I have lived mostly in Westport since 1986, raising 3 kids in the public school system.
Awards & Certifications Thanks to a dedicated client base, I have consistently ranked among the Top Coldwell Banker agents in Connecticut-Westchester County region, and achieved recognition such as top 1000 internationally, International President's Circle, International Diamond Society, International Sterling Society. During 2008-12, I served on Coldwell Banker’s top-ranked team that repeatedly received the International President’s Elite Team designation, awarded to the top 2% of Coldwell Banker Teams internationally.